Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Coming Home

Monday I got the rest of my packing done early and then spent time just chilling and trying to stay awake, I'd gotten up way to early!

My aunt suggested that we go to lunch on the way to the airport so we got everything loaded in the car and were off again. She stopped at a nice french restaurant and I got Eggplant Parmesan on spaghetti. I couldn't eat all of it right then so I got the rest boxed up to take with me on the plane and they were kind enough to give me  utensils too. the bowl got kind of squashed before I was able to eat it but none spilled.

At the airport my aunt dropped me at the curbside check in and the guy there got me to the check in counter. The lady there wanted to give me grief about my Emotional Support /Dog letter. Said the date needed to be typed on it not hand written, and it needed some sort of stamp from the VA and that it was a copy not the original. I said the original was at home in Florida. She finally accepted it but told me I couldn't use it again.

When I finally got on the plane I had the good luck of being the only one in my row of seats so even though I was assigned the isle seat I could sit by the window and look out. Then the pilot came on and said there was an error message on one of the things in the cockpit and that maintenance had to come reset something.I turned my phone back on and called the shuttle service and told them I'd be late. It took about an hour to get things working again.We ended up taking up about an hour late

It was a smooth flight and went pretty well. At least this time I didn't have a screaming baby in the row behind me. so over all. great. Kateri slept most the way home in her little carrier under the seat. I ate the rest of my dinner and got some cookies and water for later.

At the Orlando airport I had to wait a little bit but this real nice guy got me in a wheel chair and all my stuff on board and we were off. That airport is so freaking large and confusing to me. I'm so glad I had the help because 1) I would have gotten lost 2) don't think I could have walked it by myself. When we got on the elevator I accidentally dialed the shuttle service people but that worked out ok too. I told them where I was and about to be at baggage return and they told me where to meet the shuttle. I had a real problem in the shuttle with the shoulder straps cutting into my neck and the middle belt being to short to go around me. made for an uncomfortable ride home.

Mr Adams came out to meet the shuttle and help me get inside. It was so good to be home! Emma was waiting on us and she hadn't eaten the birds while we were gone. I dug through my bag and found the gifts I'd gotten and gave Mr A. his shirt. He really loved it.  I spent the rest of the evening just chilling and taking it easy.

Tuesday/today was a day of sleeping in and napping and unpacking Spent the whole day in my jammies. Tomorrow will be soon enough to get dressed and get out and about. Need a few things at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment