Friday, August 23, 2013

New Canaan CT

Today was threatening rain from the start with some pretty impressive rolls of thunder. My aunt & I deside to stay close to home. So it was New Canaan for us today. It's a nice little town with brick side walks and trendy little stores, some of witch I can't manuver my walker through. We stopped for  a latties and share a donut while it pours down the rain. More window shopping and a couple of very tempting stores. But I manage to hold out until we get to the resale store where I find a lovely ring for $5.

We drove past the rail station and are debating weather or not to take a short ride. Parking is the problem  tho & the rain is picking up again. We decide to go home for a little while then ago back out for lunch. The place my aunt wants to take me to is closed so we go to the Rodger Shurman Inn.  I have something called Croque Monsieur. It's very good but I can't finish it. The leftovers are in the fridge waiting for me now.

We came home and had some quite time then watched some cooking shows together While  spaghetti sauce simmers on the stove.  Once again my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I can't clean plate.

Tomorrow we see NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment