Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Flying to NY

I was ready early and had to wait for the shuttle to pick me up to take me to the airport. I got to sit in the front seat. The drive was shorter than I expected and since I wasn't driving not that bad. When I got to the line for JetBlue I told them that I had called for special assistance. They took me to the front of the line where I showed  my letter that let Kateri fly with me and my boarding pass... Then there was the rest of he airport. OMG I would never have made it on my own and I would have gotten horribly lost too. I got to the gate early. After sitting there for a while there was an announcement that we were to go to a different gate. We sit there for a short while then another announcement to go back to the first gate. ARG!  The flight was pretty un eventful except for the screaming baby in the row behind me.

My aunt was waiting for me and I got a big hug. We took Kateri outside for a few minutes and then came back in for the bag. I put my bag up on my wheeled walker and gave Kateri to my aunt to carry. Worked out pretty well! It was about half an hour to my aunts house through small little town is and down winding country roads. It's a lovely old house but there are lots of stairs. So far they haven't been to much of a problem for me. She had cheese, crackers and some nice wine to hold us over until dinner was ready. We had green beans, corn on the cob, brown rice, sliced tomatoes & roasted turkey. It was all so lovely. We did some catching up and then I came up to unpack and write.

I'll be off to bed soon. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment